WBT Marketplace - Apply to PresentThis event occurred in the past and has ended.
June 22, 2012 to June 22, 2012
Event Web Site:
Be one of the 100 World’s Best in San Diego on October 24-26th, 2012!
Now in its 11th year, the WBT (World’s Best Technology) Marketplace provides a unique opportunity to showcase your technology and network with leading seed investors, venture capitalists and corporate licensing partners.
Join industry and innovation leaders as they tackle “next” practices, gap funding, driving innovation through leading edge technology discovery, enhancing open innovation programs, federal funding programs, strategic licensing and much more in multi-track technical sessions at the WBT2012, San Diego Convention Center.
Technical sessions are followed by the WBT Marketplace, open for business featuring over 100 technology presentations on the main stage. Apply to present: www.wbtshowcase.com
Who should apply:
-Enterprises or businesses with advanced, proprietary technology seeking seed or venture capital or commercial licensing partners OR
-Researchers and/or research institutions owning intellectual property rights for technology and seeking to license or commercialize it.
Industry sectors represented include but are not limited to: Life Science - Medical Device - Pharmaceutical - Biotech-Materials Science -Chemical - Advanced Materials - Semiconductor - Nano tech-Energy - Cleantech - Energy Storage - Clean Coal-Information Technology - Communications - Software-Security - Aerospace - Robotics - Agriculture and more.
All Applicants Receive:
A critique of their application by the Technology Screening Panel. The direct feedback received from the investors and licensees that make up the screening panel is a great way to gain insight into your commercialization or licensing opportunity.
All Selected Presenters Receive:
• 6 minutes at the WBT Marketplace to present your commercialization and/or licensing opportunity to a national audience of seed investors, venture capitalists, and strategic commercial licensing partners.
• A teleconference dress rehearsal of your presentation prior to the event. Dress rehearsals are performed before an experienced and seasoned panel of experts in the commercialization of new technologies. The dress rehearsal provides crucial feedback and helpful advice to produce the most effective presentations possible.
• A platform to leverage your 6-minute investor-oriented presentation for a variety of marketing purposes.
• A dedicated 2 person Mentor Team to assist in the preparation of your 6-minute investor/licensee oriented presentation.
• WBT will invite up to 5 investors and Fortune 1000 licensing partners on your behalf to attend the WBT as your guest. (Passes are subject to approval)
• Your company or research institution succinctly described in the conference materials handed out to all attendees.
• Opportunity to submit up to twenty (20) IP and/or company listings for inclusion in the WBT Deal Book
• Compete for the Innovation Marketplace Award, to be presented at the Awards Luncheon
• Listing on the WBT Innovation Marketplace website
• Contact information and technology description distributed to each attendee after the event.
• Exclusive Access to the Pre-WBT Networking system allowing you to schedule meetings with investors and licensees before arriving on-site.
• Exclusive Networking area in the exhibit hall
• Full access to the 2 day event including the Meet the Presenters Reception, Awards Lunch and all other meals and receptions.
There is no cost to apply. If selected to present, the registration fee is $650 per person.
Final Application Deadline: Friday, June 22nd.