Developer Advisory Group
We are very grateful to the following Developer Advisors who help us establish topics and develop content for our WIP Jam Sessions:
Raj Singh, EIR, SRI
Raj Singhis a mobile industry veteran having worked in all aspects of mobile over the past 11 years. Currently, Raj is an EIRat SRIworking on natural language business opportunities. Most recently, Raj was the Vice President of Business Development for Skyfire, a mobile browser that supports full Flash rendering. Previously, Raj was consulting with Dell Mobile assisting them with their global SMS and WAP strategy. Prior to Dell, Raj co-founded venture-funded Veeker, NBC’s mobile video citizen journalism service and boot-strapped ToneThis, CNET’s top downloaded ringtone creation product.
Raj has also worked in product management, engineering, strategy and consulting roles for Kodak Mobile, Cellmania, MobiTV, PlayPhone, Tellme, Samsung, Turk Telekom, IGT, Hungama Mobile and Antenna Software. Raj’s personal projects include GameChalk, an SMS multi-player game service, Pubwalk, an LBS bar-hopping service and YumYum Labs, an Android recipe voice search engine. Raj is also a mobile advisor to numerous companies including Movoxx, Nearverse, Buzzd, Textopoly, Knocking Video and several VCs within the valley.
Raj is a regular mobile writer and speaker including formal and guest blogging for GotoMobile, Venturebeat, O’reilly Emerging Telephony and VisionMobile. Raj has also made contributions to a number of mobile user and expert groups including the JCP, MMA and the Bluetooth SIG. For more information, please see http://www.rajansingh.com. raj at rajansingh dot com
Chantal Le Claire, 3 Screens
Chantal Le Claire advises on partnerships and resources between mobile ecosystem members and the developer community including developer technology trends that impact consumer usage. She collaborates with established developers to take advantage of “Go-to-Market” opportunities with carrier networks, Smart Phone OEMs and 3rd party Appstores.
Robert Virkus, Enough Software
Robert has worked in the mobile industry since 1999. As a developer, he created J2ME Polish, the Open Source framework for mobile developers which he commercialized in 2005 by founding Enough Software. Enough Software works with many smaller dynamic startups and also with global players like Nokia, Motorola, Qualcomm or Telefonica so he has a deep insight into the mobile business. At the same time, Robert knows about the technical aspects and their impact on the market as he remains a passionate developer. He is always happy to share this know-how whenever possible.
Ofir Leitner, MobileMonday Tel Aviv
Ofir is an expert in Java mobile technologies and specifically LWUIT, Sun’s mobile UI toolkit. During the time since LWUIT’s debut, he has helped several leading companies build their mobile UI architecture and design over LWUIT. Among his clients: Telmap, Fring, Emoze and Sun Microsystems, where he is currently involved with the LWUIT framework’s core.Ofir is also the founder and chairman of MobileMonday Tel Aviv and shares his thoughts on mobile technology and business in his worldwide read blog www.nextgenmoco.com
Sean O'Sullivan, co-founder Rococo Software and Dial2Do.
Sean is CEO and co-founder of Rococo Software and also co-founder of Dial2Do. Regardless of title, his role with each is to help drive the technical strategy and vision. Rococo is a world leader in Java/Bluetooth technology, whose software now ships on over 200M mobile phones. Dial2Do is a service that allows you to do simple tasks by just dialing a number and speaking. You call and say “email” to send an email, “text” to send a text, and “reminder” to send a reminder to yourself, and so on. From a technical perspective, his interests are distributed systems, mobile and wireless technology, and the space where the web meets the plain old telephony system. His LinkedIn propaganda is here.
Derrick Fountain, Product Manager, W3i Moible Solutions
Derrick Fountain is an innovative mobile industry professional with broad experience spanning traditional media, broadcast, and mobile. Currently, Derrick serves as Product Manager for W3i Mobile Solutions, where he leads the development of new and innovative products that help developers monetize and distribute apps. Most recently, Derrick served as Product Manager for Internet Broadcasting, where he managed a network of premium mobile news portals on behalf of some of America's largest media companies.
David O’Neill, CEO, Viafo
David has been working in Mobile Web since WAP was going to be the next big thing. After helping to establish the first Wireless Internet Test Lab for Anywhereyougo.com in 2000, David moved to Argogroup and then to mobile services leaders, Teleca. David has worked in the forefront of the mobile phone industry building business with Microsoft, Google, Qualcomm, Sony-Ericsson, TexasInstruments, Nokia and many others. He is CEO of Viafo, who are aiming to change the way that people and companies think about adding web services to their mobile apps. David is always happy to help out with insight and strategy around the global mobile market place. He can be found on Linked In.
Antoine RJ Wrights, Founder, Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine RJ Wright is the founder and primary voice behind the blog-magazine Mobile Ministry Magazine (MMM). With MMM, Antoine combines and intense understanding of mobile technology, applications, and services, around contexts relating to global religious activities. In between an IT and writing career that has spanned over a decade, Antoine also manages to mentoring, bike, and perform at spoken word events.
Martin Rugfelt, CMO, ExpertMaker
Martin is a mobile Internet entrepreneur that has worked in many mobile start-ups and ventures. Martin is CMO of ExpertMaker, a start-up offering a new generation of search technology based on Artificial Intelligence enabling a whole range of new search solutions. The advanced technology is packaged as a simple to use tool enabling anyone to build high precision personalised recommendation and search solutions. Martin has previously worked for companies like Golden Gekko, Orange, Simpay, Framfab and Wezapp.
Scott M. Jensen, Director – Global Services Teams, Nokia
Scott Jensen is an executive with over 17 years of experience driving innovation with a track record of forming, restructuring, and profitably growing technology and media-centric companies. As a creative thinker with business acumen, he has successfully launched digital content and forged first-of-their-kind partnerships for motion pictures, the Internet, and mobile phones. He is currently based in NY as Director in the global services team at Nokia. He was previously CEO & President of Vindigo, oversaw the global licensing and brand partnership group at Hands-On Mobile, and was President of mobile games developer NuvoStudios.
Jon Ziskind, CEO, ZOS Communications
Jon is the CEO and Co-founder of ZOS Communications, a geospatial development company. Jon is responsible for developing ZOS Communications’ presence in the growing mobile geospatial market and helping potential business partners understand the new location-based services landscape while building an impressive ZOS team.
Prior to founding ZOS Communications, Jon was a coach, strategist, and professional sailboat racer for the Oracle BMW team during their America’s Cup campaigns. Jon’s work on the water racing positioning and strategy along with sail and boat development led to a passionate interest in geospatial technology.
Josh Rochlin, CEO
Josh Rochlin was an early pioneer in the New York Internet venture community, founding MyCalendar.com and serving as its CEO before selling it to Sports Huddle in 2001 (now owned by CBS). Josh then led business development and strategy at GoAmerica (GOAM), the first wireless internet service provider (now Purple Communications). Prior to joining Xtify, Josh served as the Chief Administrative Officer at Marc Ecko Enterprises, where he oversaw all non-apparel businesses and ventures. Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, Josh practiced law at international law firm Dewey & LeBoeuf, LLP. Josh serves on the board of directors of AVTV Networks and has previously served on the boards of Al Ahram Beverages and Hydron Technologies. He holds a B.A. from ColumbiaCollegeand a law degree from Columbia University School of Law. josh at xtify dot com
Shivakumar Mathapathi, Vice President, Professional Services, Mobifusion, Inc
Shiva is a technocrat with broad vision who serves as Vice President for Mobifusion Professional Services, a leading mobile developer partnered with key publishers to deliver best-selling branded mobile content. The company’s patented m-Publishing™, technologies provide rich multimedia Apps for most handsets and platforms such as iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Window Mobile, Java, Symbian and Palm and are enjoyed by millions of mobile consumers around the world. Mobifusion’s patented technologies are helping many publishers and operators overcome mobile OS and protocol fragmentation issues. As head of professional services, Shiva is responsible for securing strategic relationships and providing complete end to end support for media company partners, wireless operators and mobile software developers.
Jam’n with WIP!
WIP developed Jam Sessions to fill a void in the mobile developer community; events that are inclusive and democratic to all members of the mobile ecosystem; and ones that create a highly interactive environment. We want to reach developers all over the world, so everyone experiences the value of a WIPam session!
Our events are driven by developers - what YOU want to hear, who YOU want to talk to, what YOU want to say. Our Developer Advisory Group meets regularly to provide input on topics and speakers. Jam Sessions are based on an Unconference style, with a structure; but with flexibility to add speakers or topics at the last minute to respond to the dynamism of the industry. We mean it when we say No PPT, No Panels and No Ties!
WIPJams offer are a unique format for mobile and wireless developers, where we blend UnPanels with intimate discussion groups led by industry leaders and developers alike. And it's really very interactive; we make sure everyone gets a chance to be heard. It’s the only event that really gets developers talking - some folks call it magic.
We host WIPJams, in many different formats, all over the world:
- As a stand alone event alongside industry events like CTIA, MWC and CommunicAsia
- As day long event within a larger event like OSiM
- Mini Jam session within a developer conference like Verizon Dev Con or Qualcomm’s Uplinq Conference
- Receptions for developers such as at CommunicAsia or MAC. Always great for connecting to the people you need to know in the mobile developer ecosystem
If you want to see a Jam at one of your favorite events, or host your own Jam event – let us know. Check out the WORLD TOUR schedule for the next Jam session coming soon.
WIP Resources help make the mobile development process easier and faster. Wherever you are in the development cycle or whatever type of mobile technology you are developing, WIP Resources can help you find the tools, partner and companies that you need in order to take the next step in mobile development. Check it out - WIP Resources
The WIP Resources - Companies has been developed by:
The Wireless Industry Partnership (WIP) Connector
NRC - IRAP
Members of the WIP team actively speaks at events. In doing so, we usually come up with angles that are interactive, thought provoking and humourous. Here's a few of our recent speaking activities:
- OSIM World, Amsterdam, September 15, 2009, Caroline Lewko, Session Moderator: Developer's Dating Game to Choose Platforms
- Over the Air, London, Uk, September 18th, 2009,Caroline Lewko, Keynote: It's Raining App Stores,Thibaut Rouffineau, Session: Designing the Perfect App Store
- ITU Geneva, Switzerland, October 7, 2009, Thibaut Rouffineau: Moderator for NGMN Panel
- Symbian Exchange and Exhibition(SEE), London, UK, October 28, 2009, Thibaut Rouffineau
- BlackBerry Developer Conference, San Francisco, November 12, 2009, Caroline Lewko, Facilitor: Building Regional Developer Communities
- ECO Conference, Cologne, Germany, November 13, 2009 Thibaut Rouffineau, Session: Designing the Perfect App Store
- AT&T Developer Conference, Las Vegas, January 6, 2010, Caroline Lewko, Moderator "Meet the Executives UnPanel"
- Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Spain, February 14, 2010 Caroline Lewko, Thibaut Rouffineau, Mobile application vs Fragmentation
- Le Mobile 2.0, Paris, France, March 10, 2010 Thibaut Rouffineau, Panel on differences between appstores and web apps
- Open Mobility , San Francisco, USA, March 10, 2010 Caroline Lewko, The ‘Which Platform is Best to Develop For and Why’ Panel
- 1st Mobile E-Commerce Conference - The Apps Summit 2010, Wiesbaden, Germany, May 4th, 2010 Thibaut Rouffineau. "Future of app stores"
- Droidcon Berlin , Berlin Germany, May 25th, 2010 Thibaut Rouffineau "Android Appstore competition"
- NGMN Industry Conference & Exhibition 2010 , Shanghai, China, June 4, 2010, Caroline Lewko; Chairman Mobile Applications & Service Enablement Panel and Panelist, Driving Industry and Technology Development through SDOs and Associations.
- Mobile Monday Berlin "Mobile First" , Berlin Germany, June 7th, Thibaut Rouffineau. "The tunnel between London and Berlin"
- Mobile Technology for Social Entrepreneurs, London, UK, June 12th, Thibaut Rouffineau Panelist "Closing panel"
- Sweden Pavilion, CommunicAsia, Singapore, June 15, 2010 - Presentation - Mobile Ecosystem
- Mobile Monday Munich "One Internet - The convergence of the mobile and fixed interwebs" , Munich Germany, July 12th, Thibaut Rouffineau.
- Mobile Future Forward, Sept 8, Seattle, Caroline Lewko
- APP Nation Conference, September 13, San Francisco, Carlo Longino
- Saskatchewan ICT Forum, September 15, Regina, Caroline Lewko
- Mobile Asia Congress (MAC), App Planet ADC moderator, November 16, Hong Kong, Caroline Lewko
- Planet of the Apps, November, London, Thibaut Rouffineau
- ECO . Cologne Germany, Panelist, Thibaut Rouffineau
- Mobile for the cultural sector 8 March 2011 "Workshop facilitation" Thibaut Rouffineau
- IPTV World Forum 22 March 2011 TVAppHub moderation Thibaut Rouffineau
WIP seeks out opportunities for developers to gain options for promotion and discounts for events and services including:
Check out the Events wiki for events that provide special discounts for WIP members.